From: owner-meteorobs@latrade.com [mailto:owner-meteorobs@latrade.com]On
Behalf Of Asaf Shtull-Trauring
Sent: Wednesday, January 20, 1999 8:10 AM
To: ASTRO List
Cc: ATM List; Meteorobs List
Subject: (meteorobs) TRUTH THE0RY

Dear all.

Before about half-a-year ago, I brought up to my father a question,
which was quite unclear. I tried to tell him: "what happens if all of
our ideas of science we're looking in a totally wrong way?",
That means, we look at the things around us, conclude conclusions, and
there we have a theory. But what happens if our view of the world is
totally wrong?
(wow, this is hard to explain).

Today we might think we have a lot of knowldege, but comparing our
knowledge to the things we don't know, there is an enormous, almost
infinite gap.
So what I'm saying is, that maybe the laws of physics we have are only
correct in the level of knowldege we have, and if our knowledge of
everything was much bigger, the laws of physics are wrong, and won't
fit in...

I gave my father an example. Aliens come to Earth. They came here
easily, they tarnsported. They never heard of Electromagnetic waves,
the don't know ANYTHING of our physics. So how the damn did they get
here?
i brought up the idea that since they lived in a different enviroment,
their viewing of the world developed differently,, and they found a
"different kind of physics" than we have. In our simple words:
M-A-G-I-C.
It's quite hard to believe that the world works by laws and those laws
our the ones known to us. I think that's the most primitive thought
ever. This will never change.

Now there comes up to me a guy after hearing this idea, and tells me:
"Hey, look around you! All of the theories we have fit into eachother!
WE see the laws of physics work everywhere!".
Well, the reason we see the laws of physics everywhere is since our
tools to SEE physics, are based on OUR physics, and our development of
physics doesn;t LET us to see something new, that doesn't work with
our laws. and if we DO see something new not understandable, we have a
simple answer: we make up more laws!!

Sorry, just an idea I had...
Thanks, Asaf.
==