[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) VLF/ELF-emission of fireballs

Hello Hans-Guenther,

> has anyone taken some recordings of electromagnetic vlf/elf-emission (in the
> audible band) during a fireball event? I'd like to compare it with my own
> recordings. Please return usefull links/urls where i can get some related
> sound-files (xxx.WAV).

in recent years a group of Slovenian observers has been working in the
field of VLF/ELF emission by meteors. They have presented their results on
a number of IMCs. We met them last November in Mongolia, where they
tried to observe the Leonids with their VLF/ELF equipment. I haven't heard
about their results yet, but I guess they have been successful as they
observed in the 'fireball night', too. Try to contact Goran Zgrablic
(zgoran@hotmail.com) for more details.

Best regards, Sirko

--
*  Dipl.-Inform. Sirko Molau                  *                          *
*  RWTH Aachen, Lehrstuhl fuer Informatik VI  *              __          *