[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd Re: [ASTRO] Meteor Observations (was: Jan 12/13 ZAYGE)

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 10:18:28 -0800
To: meteorobs@latrade.com, astro@store-forward.mindspring.com, GeoZay@aol.com
From: Mark Taylor <mctaylor@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: [ASTRO] Meteor Observations (was: Jan 12/13 ZAYGE)

Hi George,

I saw a good number of meteors on Saturday night, all were the same
deep green color and were 0-1 mag.  I'm thinking they may have been
an apparition of the January Draconids.

I don't have any details on that shower with which to verify that
assumption.  Do you happen to know if the brightness and color matches
their profile?  The radiant (as best as I could estimate with the handful
of meteors I actually traced back) was between the tail end of Draco
(between Polaris and the pointer stars) and a bit south from there (near
the north end of Cam, or a bit east of it).

I wasn't really meteor observing, but there sure seemed to be an
association between many of them that night.  (there were sporadics,
too, of course)

Regards,
   Mark

------- End of Forwarded Message