Re: (meteorobs) Rotating earth?

Hi Markku Vanamo:

          .
          . snip   snip    snip
          .

> > Actually both ...
> >
> > For the speeding salt grain size meteor the Earth is almost standing
> > still but it is moving, not only rotationally but translating
> > around the Sun ...
>
>   And this leads to an another question: How did this grain formed?  As
> comets originate from the leftover gas and dust, in what way were these
> grains able to be born at all in the outer solar system with low pressure
> and concentration?

This tiny grains formed in the very beginning of the solar system,
They are the leftovers of the construction, so to speak, and come
to the inner regions of the solar system in the form of comets.

Try to think of comets as dirty snowballs, 50-50 ice (methane, amonia,
water) and solid materials. (this is a very rough model, it is a
retoric figure that has helped me to explain this ideas).

As the comet aproach to the warmer regions near the sun, the (highly)
volatile gases in the comet erupts and get out of it, carrying some
particles (at last, the salt grain size meteors !).

This particles can be seen as the yellowish tail of the comets.