[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteor-Photography

<<
 I have a Tasco 675 TR D=60mm F=900mm telescope and a EOS rebel X camera
 35-80mm. is there any way I can take pictures of the moon without buying any
 new equipment?

Well...without buying any equipment your options will be somewhat limited. So
this is what I would suggest with your existing equipment. Set your zoom lens
to it's 80mm position. Then get the film of your choice. Let's say the film
you chose had an ASA or ISO of 100. Set the f/stop of your camera at f/16.
Make 3 different exposures with shutter speeds at 1/125, 1/60, and 1/30. If it
had an ASA of 200, make the exposures at 1/250, 1/125, and 1/60 still at f/16.
I believe one of those groups of shutter speeds will work from full moon to
crescent? Make the exposures at night and handhold as steady as you can as you
press the shutter. I've made exposures of the moon at this kind of setting
once. It's been a long time now. But if I remember right, whatever the ASA
film is, you try to match the shutter as close to that number and use f/16
regardless the film. Again if the ASA was 400, use shutter speeds of 1/500,
1/250 and 1/125.
GeoZay