[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Anomalous meteors

Although I can't beat the Leonid "stormlet", I did see three simultaneous
delta Aquarids from the summit of Mauna Kea in 1974.  No, it wasn't oxygen
starvation!  As I remember it, the middle one was around mag +2 with mag
+3 meteors appearing very shortly afterwards (0.1 sec?) a degree or so
either side.  In the time all three were visible together, the clearly
displayed a common angular velocity and diverged from each other by
several degrees in direction.  This is the only time I've clearly
experienced a radiant as a perception.
Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au