[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Leonid Stormlet 1997

Dear Robert and Joseph,

Thank you for seeing this movie soon and I'm glad to understand the
value of this phenomenon.  But, to be frank with you, I terribly worried
what I should call it this phenomenon.  You might point out its problem,
I think that it might be a single meteor fragemented before entering the
Earth's atmosphere or near Earth.  I can't hit upon a wonderful idea
about it. I would like to think a suitable name of this phenomenan for
everyone.

I would like to close my mail by writting as follows.
I say thank you for Mr. Kinoshita and Mr. Takanashi.  The former, he
allowed us to open the video tape in public.  The latter, he made this
movie based on Kinoshita's video tape.  I only introduced it to everyone.

Clear Skies!  Takema

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 10:52:58 -0800
Robert Lunsford <lunro.imo.usa@prodigy.com> wrote:

> I want to publicly thank Mr. Hashimoto for bringing this to our
> attention. If anyone has not visited this site I would highly recommend
> it. This is an extraordinary occurrence and to capture it on videotape
> to share with all of us is most fortunate.
>
> Instead of viewing this event as a "stormlet" I would tend to call it a
> swarm of Leonids that traveled together in space and all met their fiery
> demise in one spectacular instant.
>
> Regardless of what one calls it, it is an impressivey event!
>
> Robert Lunsford

On Fri, 26 Mar 1999 11:48:32 -0800
Joseph Damien Assmus <jassmus@ucsddot edu> wrote:

> Robert Lunsford wrote:
>
> > I want to publicly thank Mr. Hashimoto for bringing this to our
> > attention.
>
>      here.. here...  I want to 'second' Bob's public thanks... It is an
> extraordinary event to be sure... than, to have it observed, video recorded and
> reportred it is even better.. and EVEN more extraordinary is the power of the
> internet so as to allow the obeservers to digitize the data and make the event
> "visual" for ANYONE on the planet who is interested..  Equally nice is the
> available PDF-reprint of the related journal article from Geophysical Letters...
> Excellent work!
>
> Joseph
> San Diego, CA

thashi@din.or.jp  Hashimoto, Takema