[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: What Kind of Group is This?

david wilson wrote:

>Is this a serious ,scientifically minded group, or just a bunch of >loafers saying a lot and doing nothing. I have received over 30 bits of >mail in the last few days since I joined this list and have not heard >one intelligent thing discussed.

>It seems to be a chat line where people congregate and say very little. >I hope there is more to this list. I have asked a serious question and >not one person has either the brains or wherewithall to answer it . Is >this all there is ?????

Mr. Wilson,

How can you judge this list after just a few days of messages? You just
happened to join us during a time when the moon is bright and the meteor
activity is very low. I will refrain from lengthy comments on your
accusations of us being "loafers" and the lack of brains on this list. I
must say that as a newcomer your remarks are in very poor taste and
offensive to all of the active members of this list. I assure you that
topics will become more serious as we approach the Lyrid maximum on
April 22. I would ask you to please remain subscribed and to refrain
from further judgment until then.

As for your question, a majority of us are "visually oriented" so it
would be best if we left any comments to the "radio oriented" observers.
There are some very knowledgeable radio observers on this list and I am
sure one of them will eventually have a comment for you.

Robert Lunsford