[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) radio viewing

Dave
 You might try the TV band. That is what some of us use in SSB mode. There
is a better chance to find a freq without a signal all the time. We us the
am picture carrier freq and I use the one at 77mhz. over in europe they use
a different channel plan. Werfried has a web site up again that you might
look at and then I have some pix on mine of showers in the above mode.
Werfrieds is at http://www.qsldot net/oe8fnk/

In this mode there is currently no automated setup with fftdsp but if you
run is off the agc and then an a/d converter you can automate as some have.

At 11:22 PM 4/1/99 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi All,
>  I would like to thank you all for your remarks on my letter past and to
>let you know
>that their was no intent to put down the group but to find out if the group
>was real
>or not. I appreciate all the remarks ,especially the ones that contributed
>information
>to my question.
>  Is this group mainly optical or radio or both ??  Thanks to the members
>who gave me
>some insight and answers to my querie.
>   I live in an area where the FM band is out of the question ,due to
>station density
>and am wondering if any respondents have picked up Irish or other European
>signals
>during a meteorite incursion ??
>
>Thanks agn all
>
>Dave VE3BBN
>
>To UNSUBSCRIBE from the 'meteorobs' email list, use the Web form at:
>http://www.tiacdot net/users/lewkaren/meteorobs/subscribe.html

Norman M. Davis WB6SHI Shingle springs, CA
Email: normd@directcondot net
http://www.directcondot net/normd/index.htm
ICQ: 7192318