[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Apocalytic Impact--Recording Observations

hi all,

george zay :

<<
>There is also now the possibility of using a digital voice
recorder that  you plug into your PC and the >software transcribes
it for you.  About  A$700 if I remember correctly.  The recorder
is hands held and >records up to 40 minutes in the version I saw.
It is only connected to the PC for  transcription.

lew  :

>Howdy, Mark - good research on those PC dictation systems! Not
having tried any of these products >myself, I would probably tend
to recommend the Dragon Systems version: they own several patents
>which give them a significant edge in speech-to-text. (In a
that did speech recognition.)
<<

george, lew,

las week, one of my friend at the jordanian astronomical society
was in japan for a training course, he told me about device
similar to that you have talked about george, but will worth
around 120 dollars only, it is made by sony, and it has many other
functions too.

here is its name and advantages :
- Sony ( ICD-70 )
- size just 8cm*6cm
- Electronic recording,(on ROM Memory)
- 1 hour recording length.
- you can connect it to IBM computer to make Down load.

maybe our japanese friends could help us and clarify this device
if its suits or not.

khaled m. tell
meteor observing committee
jordanian astronomical society