[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Light Pollution

Subject:        	(meteorobs) Light Pollution

Hi Mark!

> I know that some of us, me included, often observe from local, state or
> federal parks, forests and wildlife refuges. The National Park Service
> recently participated in a study sponsored by the National Parks and
> Conservation Association (NPCA) in which the parks were asked to respond to

Very interesting findings. Is the NPCA hooked up to the
Canadian Parks at all?? Could they also do a similar survey in
the Canadian Parks.  I know that most of the parks in Nothern
Ontairo do not have problems with light pollution, however,
there are some in southern ontario that do have light
tresspass from neighbouring towns and from their own lighting.

It would be interesting to see if the two Park authorities
converse on these topics.

Thank you for sharing the information with us.

Kim