[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Light Pollution

Will wrote

"
> The IDA has a really cool tool at
> http://proxima.astro.Virginiadot edu/~ida/darksky/ to estimate light
> pollution.  This lets you check potential viewing sites for light
> pollution before going there."

This IS a very cool site,  only problem I had was managing to pick a spot
close to home.
It's the sattelite pic of the US at night, with no boundaries or landmarks
except the light
pollution itself. It took me about 20 tries to click about 10 mi. east of
my home (closer to all
the worst light pollution sources). But, once I managed to get the right
spot it seemed
very helpful. It claims that there are many sites within 45 mi. that would
give LM's @ 6.7
(I only get around 5.9 at my "close to home site") maybe I'll try to find
some new veiwing
sites this weekend.

John N.