[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Weird Observation

Paulo,

Thank you for sharing this unique observation with us! If I had seen
what you have described I would be scratching my head in disbelief too.
The only observation remotely close to your phenomena that I have seen
was near midnight during a summer meteor observation. I was facing north
when two 3rd magnitude objects appeared between Polaris and the northern
horizon. I looked at these objects through binoculars and was amazed to
see a third fainter object with the same very slow direct motion toward
the horizon. I concluded that these objects were satellites since the
sun was not all that far below the northern horizon.

I have no ideas what your phenomena could have been. If you happen to
hear from someone else who saw this same phenomena be sure to share it
with us!

Clear Skies!

Bob Lunsford