[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Exact time of Leonids Photographies

	Dear Mr. Young,

	First all, my congratulations for the birth announced in your web. Possibly you remember that I'm working in the determination of 1966 Leonids ZHR's and spatial number densities from photographies. My first work on this subject will be published in the 1999 volume A&A as "The 1997 Leonids outburst". I'm working now in a second article comparing activity patterns based partially in your photographies but I need some data.

	Could you send me urgently the following information:

	-Site coordinates of Table Mountain Observatory where you has photographied Leonids storm.
	-Exact begin and end time of exposure to each photography in Universal Time (UT).

	And finally if you would be so kind, could you send me some information on the approx. site coord. of Lunar & Planetary Institute in Arizona where David Mc. Lean observed Leonids storm in 1966.

	Finally I invite other potential contributors of 1966 Leonids photographies to come into contact with me. At this moment I know only of photographies obtained during the outburst by Scott Murrell, David Mc. Lean and James W. Young.
Josep Ma. Trigo-Rodriguez
Dept. Astronomy & Astrophysics
University of Valencia, SPAIN
Planetari de Castelló
jmtrigo@ctv.es
http://www.ctv.es/USERS/jmtrigo
Phones : (+Spain Code)  964 -  282584  / 282968  (office)
(964) 395064 (part.) Fax: 964 - 285161
c/Manuel de Falla 26, 12.560 Benicassim (Castello)