[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Somewhat unusual telescopic obs.

Dave, Ed, et al!

I believe this is INDEED an important field of amateur meteor observing: the
greater accuracy of telescopic plotting is uniquely suited to investigating
complex, fine-grained radiant structure with inexpensive amateur equipment!

There is an active, albeit very SMALL cadre of telescopic meteor observers, who
report their data into the IMO Telescopic Meteor Commission, which is headed by
our very own Malcolm Currie! When he has time, I hope Malcolm can respond in
more detail about the IMO Telescopic program. Mean time, though, you can check
out the following brief Web site from a formerly active observer:

    http://www.ipfw.indianadot edu/kt2/lawrence/web/telemet.htm

Also, Malcolm himself maintains an FTP site with telescopic plot charts:

    ftp://starlink-ftp.rl.acdot uk/pub/mjc/tm

Clear skies,
Lew