[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) NAMN Call for Observations: Lyrids

* * * * * * *
1999  Lyrids
* * * * * * *

As a reminder, our first coordinated campaign of 1999 will be for the
Lyrids. Reaching their maximum on April 22nd, you still have about 10 days
to gather observing information, forms and equipment.

This year, the Lyrids are predicted to peak at 16h UT, which is not great
for North American observers. But the shower has decent activity for a
couple days around the peak, with a ZHR of about 15, and which has been
variable in the past. So I encourage everyone to kick off the 1999 season
with us. Reports should be mailed (email or postal) in as soon as practical.

More information on the Lyrids is available in the March NAMN Notes. This
newsletter, as well as forms and instructions, are all available from me or
from the NAMN home page. The addresses are listed below.

Good luck, and clear skies!

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Visual Program Coordinator
North American Meteor Network & American Meteor Society