[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Observing Woe's

Glad to hear that Kim made it out to observe. If you think her meteor
totals were low, read ahead.

I made my first attempt at meteor observing this morning from home. The
sky was suppose to be clear all night long so I decided to save some
money on gas and watch from home. It was clear and a bit hazy as I began
watching at 2:00 am local daylight time. During the first 45 minutes I
did not see a thing in the way of meteor activity but it was nice seeing
the summer constellations again plus Mars appeared mighty nice and
bright.

Believe it or not around 2:45 fog was appearing in the west and by 2:50
it began interfering with observing. I was hoping this was only
temporary but by 3:00 I was completely socked in. I stayed up for
another one half hour but the sky remained totally overcast.

Totals for the session: TeFF 1.00  0 meteors

I plan to try again tonight and if there is the slightest chance of fog
I will head for the hills and watch from the Alpine Viewpoint.

Bob