[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) David Asher's Leonid calculations

Malcolm, list,
David's calculations for the Leonids covers both the bright resonant
meteoroids (in the press release today) and the more straight-forward dust
trails produced at every return.  David has detailed calculations on these
dust trails in a forthcoming paper in MNRAS (still embargoed). Both David
and I have looked at the consequences of his calculations in a paper
submitted to WGN.  We would like to think that much of the uncertainty in
predicting the Leonids has now disappeared, but that will be for others to
judge!

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au