[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) A book

Asaf, there is indeed such a book! In fact, there are THREE I can personally
recommend. I list them below, purely in order of COST: as for usefulness, I
think all three should be required reading for serious meteorists... :)

"Meteor Showers and their Observation: A North American Meteor Network Guide",
Mark Davis, 1998. FREE on the Web: http://Web.InfoAvedot net/~meteorobs/guide.html

"Meteor Observing Guidebook by George Zay", 1999, available from George via
First Class Mail for $10, or via Air Mail for $20. Email: GeoZay@aol.com

"Handbook for Visual Meteor Observers", J|rgen Rendtel, Rainer Arlt, Alastair
McBeath, 1995. $20 regular mail. Contact IMO: http://www.imodot net/books.html

Some or all of the authors of each of these books are readers of this list, so
they will surely give you more perspective on their works!

Clear skies, and thanks for another GREAT question Asaf!
Lew

Follow-Ups: References: