[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Green Meteors

>  Just a very old observation when I was a bit younger :)

> It was in the autumn in the late 60's and I was looking at Cassiopeia, a
> meteor appeared point type and grew into a ball with a fuzzy outline, it
> was a greenish color,it faded after 7-8 seconds but the maximum size
> was about 2 Full Moons.

I saw something similar in the 70s.  This was a nebulous meteor which
expanded and dimmed along its path.  My hazy recollection that it grew
to about a moon diameter.  The surface brightness was too faint for
colour I think.  A sketch might have been on the cover of "Meteoros", a
UK-based meteor magazine of that period.

Malcolm