[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Green Meteors

One evening, about 5:30, my lady and I were stuck in heavy
traffic on North 5 just north of the split with HWY 805 when she said,
"Look at that!" She was pointing upward and I had to look over the
stearing wheel to see up in the direction she was pointing. It was a
neon green meteor coming in fast, looked like it was heading straight
down, we expected it to hit, but it burst into a five radiant fan and
died out. We still talk about that one, she said it showed other
colors too before I got a look. We were just south of Del Mar.

       I called the paper when we got home but the high angle may have
prevented others from seeing it, nothing showed up in the paper or
news, despite a stop and go freeway. I'm really uncertain of the date
and even the exact time, it was near dusk but one meteor that will
always envoke awe from us for its brilliant color and how we both felt
when we thought that it was going to hit.

                             Dave English
                             Oceanside, California