[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Lyrids--Diffuse Radiant?

Mark,

The Lyrids possess a sharp radiant. Although your second meteor traveled
through Lyra, from your description it is highly unlikely that this
meteor was a member of this shower. You must remember that the Lyrid
radiant lies to the west of the constellation. If a true Lyrid meteor
bisected the parallelogram portion of the constellation then it could do
so only in a horizontal direction traveling west to east.

Best Wishes!

Bob Lunsford