[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) info request about meteor scatter

Hello Meteor people,

our names are Massimo Devetti and Walter Boschin and we are members of
Circolo Culturale Astronomico di Farra (CCAF), an astronomical association
located in N.E. Italy. We are mainly interested in minor planets
astrometry, but we are making experience also in radio meteor observations.
We got a pile of interesting software and papers ( including McKinley's
book "Meteor Science and Engineering") but of course  we still need some
hints expecially concerning radio data reduction.
In order to realize a  radio meteor counting system, we'd like to know:

1) Where to find the papers by Hines et al. which were published on
Canadian Journal of Physics in the 1950's. They are extremely useful for
implementing the radio observability function in data reduction of meteor
counts. Unfortunately we did not find them in local universities and other
institutes.

2) Is the OH5IY's Compact MS software using the Hines algorithm?

3)Does anybody have a detailed list of European 48-49 Mhz TV trasmitters
(possibly more complete compared to OK1XH list), including additional
informations about night-time TX switch-off, and a list of "ready to close
" TV transmitters?

We will be very grateful to anyone will help us!

Massimo Devetti (IV3NDC) & Walter Boschin
CCAF members