[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Dashed Leonid Hopes

Hello all,
            I recently stumbled over yet another article concerning the
explanations for the Leonid fireball show last year as announced by the
British astronomers a few weeks ago...yet this particular Boston Globe
article seemed to pointedly deny the possibility of a great storm in
1999....... "The bad news is that their mapping shows that, contrary to
many astronomers'
hopes, there will be no spectacular meteor storm this coming November,
just a  slightly-stronger than usual Leonid shower."

Should I really start boo-hooing, or just wait for (hopefully) Joe's
next S&T article for more insight??

Outbursts, Everybody

Kim Youmans