[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Eta Aquarids???

John,

I would expect rates from your location to average 5 per hour at maximum
activity. Since there is a waning gibbous moon this year these rates
would be reduced to 2 or 3 per hour. This may seem ridiculously low but
Eta Aquarid meteors are often spectacular and make up in appearence what
they lack in numbers.

The radiant rises at 2:40 AM from Balitmore and less than 50 miles in
any direction would not make much difference in this time.

I hope this helps!

Bob Lunsford