[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: (meteorobs) Re: Confirmation of ETA Aquarid Rates from South Florida & SE Cuba

Hi All.

Just a quick note, I may have missed part of the thread (I have had some lost
e-mail from my server) but I don't think anyone is saying the rates for the
Etas are visually any where near 100 per hour.  The ZHR can be up to 100 even
if only 30 per hour are seen.  For one, my observations at around 25 per hour
were made under average conditions.  The LM was only around 5.4 to 5.5 and even
from the best location (Southern hemisphere) the stream never gets above 40 to
45 degrees in altitude.  Even a quick (and pesimistic) ZHR calc will show a ZHR
approaching 100 for 25 to 30 meteors seen in a 1 hour period.

Just my two cents worth. Appologies for jumping the gun (if I did).

Bye from down south
Adam Marsh.