[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Re: Confirmation of ETA Aquarid Rates from South Florida & SE Cuba

Norman, Felix,
If I haven't missed any messages to meteorobs, the closest obs you made
this year to the Australian (Victorian) observations was some 36 hrs
later.  I don't question the validity of the general points you make, but
in the case of this specific instance, the only way to judge is from
simultaneous or near simultaneous observations.  My rather pathetic
"observational" contribution is that the eta Aquarids had a remarkably
high rate at around the time Adam was observing.  I regularly wake up
during the night and spend several minutes watching the skies through the
large bedroom window before drifting back to sleep.  I almost never see
any meteors, but on May 5 at about 18UT and in moonlight, I saw rates well
over ten times the normal sporadic rate for a dark sky.
Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au