[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Question on radio meteors - Sporadic E ?

>Let me clarify (even disagree!)

Thanks Geoff for your most interesting clarification and
disagreement :-)

>(otherwise excellent)

Blush!

>Malcolm (callsign?) writes:

G4OFF, previously G8AYP. ( and before everyone asks, no! I didnt
ask for the issuing authority to tell me to "4OFF" :-)  )

I have just read my e-mails and am still inwardlly digesting your info.,
but I got a bit lost just here :

>"Regular" E layer propagation DOES NOT DEPEND ON THE SOLAR CYCLE (unlike
>the higher F-layer, which is highly dependant). Ths can easly be illustrated
>by plotting the maximim daily F layer critical frequency throughout the year
>over a solar cycle; they all look the same.

Was that a typo ? Did you 'mean maximum daily E' or am I being dense ?

I cannot believe that I omited to say about the summer increase in SpE,
I am ashamed! However in self defense can I say that I corrected that
omission in a private mail to Mike :-)

Malcolm.