[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) a meteor cluster in Ursa minor/Cepheus

Night 15/16 May 1999 00:20UT
In the space of roughly 2 minutes, having just finished observing supernova
1999by in Ursa major, I saw a magnitude 1 meteor with a very short path to
the west of Polaris. After a gap of about 1 minute I saw three other meteors
to the east of Polaris in the region of gamma to beta Cepheus. All had short
paths, one was almost line of sight. Two were roughly magnitude zero while
the other was  magnitude -1. the latter had a transient train. The group
appeared to have a common radiant in the region around rho Cephei.
Nick
Nick Martin, Bonnyton House, By Ayr, Ayrshire KA6 7EW ,Scotland, UK.
 Latitude 55 24'56" Longtitude 4 26' 00".
"Eppur si muove" Galileo Galilei