[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) World Atlas database?

Hello Rob,  List

I have TIGER which is a US Census sponsored map base for the USA
Tiger Map Service Homepage

also
 Welcome to Microsoft TerraServer  Satellite image with indexed topomap coverage. Maybe only North American Coverage??

and World Coverage
 Browser for Earth Observations from Shuttle   I have not been here in a while so I don't recall its contents.

 Xerox PARC Map Viewer: world 0.00N 0.00E (1.0X)   I believe you can select a coordinate overlay.  This does show  coastlines , but no topographics. I haven't checked the Xerox page in a while  but it is world wide as I recall including Antartica.

I hope some of this may be of value to you
Regards,
Elton Jones

Rob McNaught wrote:

I'm looking for a free database of continental coastline latitudes and
longitudes.  These are for use in a program to indicate meteor shower
visibilities.  I'd appreciate any references to web sources.

Many thanks, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au