[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) What radio / reciever?

Egil,

I suggest a radio capable of "CW" (Morse Code) reception and tunable to the
video carriers of lower TV Channels. In your case that would be 48.25 or
55.25 Mhz. I use one of my "Ham" radio (amateur radio) transceivers in the
CW mode. This makes a distant TV video carrier signal "ping" when a
meteoroid creates an ionized trail.

Any set with "SSB" or "cw" which will tune VHF will do the trick for you. I
will look through some catalogs here to see if any general coverage
receivers are available that cover the lower VHF frequencies with CW/SSB.

I must run now, but I'll send more information for you when I have the time.
I am a broadcast engineer and amatuer radio operator (callsign: N4OKX) and
I've been monitoring the Persieds and Leonids by radio for several years.

Regards,

Mark
N4OKX