[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) JAS Activities and Observations !!

Hello !

 JAS has ended the JAS' Leonids Contest, at which a winner from
Netherlands won the GRAND prize, which is a free visit to Jordan during
the Leonids '99. More information about that as well as other news can
be found below.

In this email:-
-------------

There r many news, but I believe u should find several ones of ur
interest !

1- Comet LEE is green as photographed by JAS !
2- JAS' observed the 35-hour WANING crescent for 45 minutes after the
sunrise !!
3- Watch the 99 Solar eclipse from Iraq !
4- JAS is supervising 19 astronomy clubs in schools !!
5- JAS' Membership
6- Get our weekly lectures by email.
7- The winners of the Third & Last JAS' Leonids Contest.
8- Articles written for JAS.
9- Services by JAS.
10- Contact AUASS.
11- JAS' Mailing Lists
1- Comet LEE is green as photographed by JAS !

  During our 25th astronomical camping (The Silver Jubilee !!) in the
Jordanian desert, we could easily spot Comet Lee, where it appeared as a
green fuzzy ball in our photographs. For more information please visit:-
http://www.jas.org.jo/jub.html
2- JAS' observed the 35-hour WANING crescent for 45 minutes after the
sunrise !!

 It seems that our 25th astronomical camping was special !! Where in
that camping we were able to track the 35-hour waning crescent by
telescope until about 45 minutes after the sunrise. I must say, it was a
very hard job ! By the way, in the 25th camping we observed other 50
objects in the sky !! For more information please visit:-
http://www.jas.org.jo/jub.html
3- Watch the 99 Solar eclipse from Iraq !

  The University of Mosul (In Iraq) organizing an astronomical &
astrophysical conference and observation activities during the period
9-12 August. U r invited !! So have a look please at:
http://www.jas.org.jo/sol99.html
4- JAS is supervising 19 astronomy clubs in schools !!

 One of our most important aims is to spread the astronomical knowledge
among the school students, and so far we successfully established and
supervising 19 astronomy clubs in different schools. For more details,
kindly visit:- http://www.jas.org.jo/clubs.html
5- JAS' Membership

 Do u wish to be a JAS' member ? If so then kindly visit:
http://www.jas.org.jo/ship.html
6- Get our weekly lectures by email.

  Now just by sending an empty email to: jas.lec@apexmail.com , u will
get our weekly lectures for the current month. Try it !!
mailto:jas.lec@apexmail.com

7- The winners of the Third & Last JAS' Leonids Contest.

 Today we have declared the winners of the Third & Last JAS' Leonids
Contest. Including the winner of the GRAND prize, which is a free visit
to Jordan. To see the winners in all the contests, kindly visit:
http://www.jas.org.jo/contest.html. Also, we truly thank all who
assisted us in the contest by offering the prizes. We really appreciate
their favor.

8- Articles written for JAS.

 This is a new section introduced at our site, in which several
scientists or amateurs write astronomical articles at our site. However,
it is still the beginning, and we invite any interested friend to write
for us ? For more information please visit:-
http://www.jas.org.jo/article.html
9- Services by JAS.

 Also, we care about our visitors, where we offer them a real good
services, to see them kindly visit:- http://www.jas.org.jo/service.html

  That's it for now. I guess quit enough :-). We always do appreciate ur
comments on our activities, so please let us hear from u ......
Comments..... Suggestions..... New Ideas..... etc.

Clear Skies
Moh'd
--
Mohammad Shawkat Odeh.