Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 12:55:14 +0930
From: Brian Fuller <bfuller@gsoft.com.au>
Subject: New High Peak Power All-Solid-State Radar Transmitters

New High Peak Power All-Solid-State Radar Transmitters

Genesis Software now has available new high peak power all-
solid-state transmitter systems for use in atmospheric radar
systems, which may be of interest to you or your colleagues.
The VT40B transmitter system developed and manufactured by
Tomco Electronics, now allows very high peak power VHF MST
radar systems to be economically produced for wind profiling
and other atmospheric observing applications.  The VT40B
transmitter has a peak envelope power of 40 kW and yet is
housed in a cabinet only 600mm high x 550mm wide by 600mm
deep.  A typical atmospheric radar system configuration for
operational wind profiling applications could use eight 40
kW transmitters for a total peak envelope power of 320 kW.
Of course, systems with higher or lower peak powers may be
readily achieved.

The new transmitter system allows an unprecedented
price/performance ratio to be achieved.  High peak power
solutions for operational wind profiling applications are
now an economical reality!  As a general guide the price is
around US$1 per Watt for transmitter systems in high power
applications.

As the system is all-solid-state, it does not have
disadvantages associated with vacuum tube technologies such
as temporal degradation of peak power output, inherent high
voltages, and relatively high operating and recurrent costs.

Further information on the new 40 kW transmitter system and
our radar systems can be found on our web site at:

http://wwww.gsoft.com.au/whatsnew.html

or at:

http://www.gsoft.com.au

Kind regards, Brian Fuller.