[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

OT - Re: (meteorobs) Jupiter's Moon Ganymede Surrounded By An Impact

In a message dated 6/10/99 11:47:01 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
BAALKE@kelvin.jpl.nasadot gov writes:

> Jupiter's moon Ganymede surrounded by an impact-generated dust cloud
<snip>

This made me remember - I just read that scientists will be crashing the
Lunar Prospector into one of the craters at the Pole thats suspected of
having ice in it. They hope to be able to detect water vapor along with the
dust that will be blown off the lunar surface after the crash.