[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Excerpt from "CCNet DIGEST, 14 June 1999"

------- Forwarded Message

From: Benny J Peiser <b.j.peiser@livjm.acdot uk>
To: cambridge-conference@livjm.acdot uk
Subject: CCNet DIGEST 14 June 1999
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 12:38:39 -0400 (EDT)

CCNet DIGEST, 14 June 1999
--------------------------

[...]

(5) THE E.A.R.N. DATABASE OF PHYSICAL & DYNAMICAL PROPERTIES OF NEOs
     Gerhard Hahn <gerhard.hahn@dlrdot de>

[...]

========================

(5) THE E.A.R.N. DATABASE OF PHYSICAL & DYNAMICAL PROPERTIES OF NEOs

>From Gerhard Hahn <gerhard.hahn@dlrdot de>

Dear Benny,

We would appreciate if you could announce the existence of our
database on the CC-Net for wider spread within the interested NEO
community.

With kind regards

Gerhard Hahn

P.S.: It was great to meet you in Turin and talk about NEOs.

- -----------

To all friends of NEOs...

We have recently installed an updated, and hopefully improved, version
of the

Data Base of Physical and Dynamical
Properties of Near Earth Asteroids (NEAs)

which is hosted at the European Asteroid Research Node (E.A.R.N.) and
can be reached at the following web address

http://earn.dlrdot de/nea

It contains published data on all known NEAs and the corresponding
bibliographic references.

The idea is to update these pages continuously, i.e. add data for new
discoveries as soon as available, the entries for newly published data
will be made on a monthly or so basis. In order to keep the entries up
to date, cooperation with the researcher working in the field is
essential and therefore it would be greatly appreciated if new data
are brought to our attention as soon as possible.

Looking forward to comments and/or suggestions for further improvement
or extension of this service and its possible integration into other
databases.

Gerhard Hahn
Alan Harris
Stefano Mottola
   Institute of Space Sensor Technology  and Planetary Exploration
   German Aerospace Center (DLR )
   Berlin, Germany