[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: Is any interesting activity expected in the heavens this

John,

Just to add to what Mark and Wayne have posted:

I would suggest watching the northern sky between 10pm and dawn. The
June Lyrid meteor shower is predicted to peak on Wednesday morning but
personally I have seen very little activity from this radiant recently.
I have seen activity from another radiant 20 degrees further north
located just west of the "Head of Draco" which is also know as the
"Lozenge". I was out in 1996 at this time of year trying to seeing any
activity from the June Lyrids when 10 or so meteors were spotted coming
from Draco during a 4 hour period. This activity has repeated itself
during 97 and 98 and I also expect it to out perform the June Lyrids
once again this year. This is not enough activity to really get excited
about but if you are going to be out you may as well know where most of
the activity is coming from. I hope you have clear skies and be sure to
let us know what you see!

Bob Lunsford