[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts from "CCNet DIGEST, 15 June 1999"

malcolm<<
 My calculation gives 500 sq miles is equivlaent to 1280 km^2.  2200 km^2
 is the equivalent circle of radius 16.5 miles.  Not a big difference
 from the numbers you recall George.  Welcome back by the way.

I just measured it out on the map a little more carefully and come up with
the dimensions of 27.5 miles at the longest direction and 20 miles for the
shortest direction. This gives me 550 sq miles. I believe that would be about
1408 sq km?  Still this would be slightly more than half the area stated
wouldn't it?  I'm not really back Malcolm, but thanks for noticing. Just
happened to be responding to the same message for the meteorite list, albeit
late. I'm just passing thru.
GeoZay