[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Iron based meteorite found (I think...)

Greetings all,

Ryan queried:
>I don't know much about meteorites, but I think I found one.
>Please help!

I'm not into meteorites to any degree, but check out the following webpage:

http://www.meteorite.com/links.htm

It has a nice listing of meteorite webpages, and organizations that can help
you with identification... scroll down past the vendors to get to the
organizations!

Some of the vendor pages have good info as well.  I have only checked out a
couple of these, but one of my favorites is The Meteorite Market webpage.
They are a vendor, but have information - and pictures - on how to identify
possible meteorites.  They are at:

http://www.alaskadot net/~meteor

This may at least give you some more info....

- Cathy Hall
  Ottawa, Canada