[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Excerpts From "CCNet Digest 15 June 1999"

George,

     I'm very surprised that you arn't into conversions considering
your aptitude for science. One mile is 1.609 km so the area you gave
would be 32.18 X 40.225= 1294.4 sq. km.

     As for lumar impacts, I once was following a link about them and
found years of lunar impacts or other events like dust, obscured areas
on the moon, listed from observations of an observatory in the 1940s.
I read about two or three years worth of observations then left the
site, it was on a MUFON site. I didn't bookmark the site, thinking it
would be easy to find, but I haven't been able to locate the lunar
impact observations again. If anyone knows or finds this or other
lunar impact listings how about an address? it would make interesting
reading for those of us on meteorobs so we can compare the dates to
known showers.

     I can't report what I saw here a couple of months ago, it's not
allowed, but it was round and didn't have any lights. Very unremark-
able.

                             Dave English