[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Lunar impacts - was: Re: (meteorobs) Excerpts From "CCNet Digest 15 June 1999"

Dave and all lunar impact afficionados,

another source for possible lunar impact observations: There is a NASA
report NASA TR R-277 from July 1968 called "Chronological Catalog of
Reported Lunar Events", by Middlehurst, Burley, Moore, and Welther, listing
a total of 579 events on the Moon, going back to 1540. They give the
following info in a table:

- Date and Time
- Feature or Location, Duration
- Description
- Observer
- Reference

An example reads like this:

No. 4, 1668 Nov 26, Dark side, Bright starlike point, Serveral New
Englanders, Josselyn 1675, Mather 1614, Lowes 1927.

Detlef.