[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Have Meteorite, Now Looking for the Fireball

At 09:46 AM 6/16/99 -0400, you wrote:

>Please note that Bo* (whoever you are ;>) is not currently a subscriber
>to 'meteorobs'. So if you wish to reply to this message, please be sure
>to MANUALLY place 'bolidechaser@tripoddot net' in your "Cc:" line. By the
>way, Bo*, have you been in touch with the American Meteor Society or
>the International Meteor Organization Fireball Data Center about this?
>
>Clear skies and many falls!
>Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

long-trending Peekskill Fireball,
>it could have been witnessed from San Bernardino, Riverside, or even
>Oceanside!
>
>Aside from going through the archives of 30 years worth of San
>Bernardino Co. newspapers, how could I go about researching this?
>
>Suggestions please,
>Bo*

Bo

You should try any of the observatories that abound in the area and/or
participants in the Skywatch program.  If there was a bolide of any
magnitude in recent history they would certainly have it in their archives.

I can appreciate you wanting to make it a fall instead of a find!

J.