[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Fwd: Have Meteorite, Now Looking for the Fireball

Bo*,
I guess you have done your research, but my *feeling* is that desest falls
are generally well preserved.  As far as I can remember, ages derived for
Nullarbor meteorites in Australia made them much older than the weathering
might have initially suggested.  It is probably a good idea to have some
research lab examine one to derive the age it has been shielded from
cosmic rays.  Apart from the value of the basic science, it would give a
better idea when (or if) to look for a related fireball.

Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au