[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Re: June 16 Observations

"GeoZay@aol.com" wrote:

> I believe this is in the Cleveland National Forest? If so, you might want to
> be aware that a "Forest Adventure Pass" is required to just park your car
> along the road even for a short period. The pass costs $30/year or $5/night.
> If you are parked and caught without it hanging from your mirror, it is a
> $100 fine. You can drive thru, but you can't park your car and wander around
> without the threat of getting a hefty fine. I had to get one earlier this
> month while in Big Bear prospecting. While there I asked about meteor
> observing for a non profit organization etc and they didn't give any ground.
> The pass that I got for San Bernardino Forest is also good for the Cleveland
> forest. But it doesn't cover all the national forests in California. If you
> go out to the Anza Borrego desert, you will also need a similar State pass.

George, I was aware of this but decided to take my chances as I figured
there
were not too many rangers patrolling between 1 & 5am. In fact no cars
passed
my location until after 4am. I was also pretty well hidden from sight
from the
road by that huge mass of rock. Eventually I will probably cough up the
$30
but the fee is totally ridiculous and a major ripoff.

> bob>>There was no single highlight of the session but there where a couple of
> bright, trained meteors shooting swiftly from western Pegasus that were
> impressive. <<
>
> George>>I wonder who trained them?

You never knew of my special trained meteors? It took a long time but I
finally
got them to perform during the last few hours before dawn. They will
even
perform for others if you say "pretty please"!

Bob