[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Fwd re: Have Meteorite, Now Looking for the Fireball

------- Forwarded Message

Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:31:02 -0700
From: Bolide*chaser <bolidechaser@tripoddot net>
To: GeoZay@aol.com, meteorobs@jovian.com, meteorite-list@meteoritecentral.com
Subject: RE: (meteorobs) Fwd: Have Meteorite, Now Looking for the Fireball

Hello George,

Thanks for going to the trouble to compile all this data.  The sightings
that you number as 13) 14) & 15), I have personnally obtained eyewitness
accounts, but my estimate of their flight paths don't match the
orientation of this strewn field.  I'm interested in your personal
sighting, #8), because it was travelling north, but did this go over the
horizon, or is this your sighting in which you witnessed "dark flight"
prior to the sonic boom, in which case you would be correct, it would be
closer to Palomar than Barstow.

For all your efforts, I'm appreciative, and I'll keep you posted of any
findings.
Bo*

------- End of Forwarded Message