[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) Meteors, UFO's & lack of knowledge...

From Lew>>Subj:	 Re: (meteorobs) Meteors, UFO's & lack of knowledge...
Date:	99-06-17 15:51:46 EDT
From:	dedalus@latrade.com (Lew Gramer)
To:	GeoZay@aol.com (George Zay)
CC:	dedalus@latrade.com (Lew Gramerme)

I have no time to debate you, George. My message can be translated
as "Use common sense or get off this list." If you consider that
censorship, that is your issue. Please do not follow this up.
Lew<<

--------------
"Use common sense or get off this list"? In other words, since this is your
list, free discussion about overlapping areas is just a myth.  Sorry Lew, but
what I have posted in regards to UFO's and misidentified meteors and other
phenomena etc has not been that far off topic to warrant censorship or your
attitude towards me about it. It's been genuine discussion that does relate
to meteor observing whether you want it to or not. If nothing else, it
provides some basic knowledge to the uninformed about what to look out for
while observing. This before they are guided by the really fringe groups that
are willing to provide off the wall explanations for normal events that could
be perceived differently.  An example would be some movie footage that I have
often seen on the Discovery channel "Sightings" of an obvious daylight meteor
fireball falling behind a windmill that was implied to be a "flying saucer"
of some kind. Now if I was trying to insist that meteors are actually flying
saucers piloted by little green (or grey) men, then I can see where you got a
valid point. But I'm not doing that. The areas I have been touching on are
well within the realm of meteor interest. I recall similar discussions in the
past that you permitted...namely the discussions about Dark Meteors that
would most certainly be within the realm of UFO's in the form that I'm
discussing. Dark Meteors can be imagined to be anything by anybody, but at
least don't ignore rationality and leave the poor snook to be imprinted with
only fringe explanations. Also you permitted extensive talks about the crash
of Flt. 800 where speculation that a meteor/or missile was the cause of it's
demise. If an object hit Flt. 800, it would definitely have to be classified
as a UFO until someone can determine what it was. UFO stands for Unidentified
Flying Object....not flying saucers unless you want it to. At Air Force
bases, they actually have someone designated as a UFO officer. I tend to
think he's not really in charge of flying saucers, but other aircraft, birds,
meteors etc that may interfere with aircraft flight. Maybe you wouldn't
personally find a discussion along these lines interesting, but there's
probably others on the list that do and in some areas the UFO is a
meteor...which is the topic of this list. Isn't one of the supposed purposes
of this list is to educate? You have established precedance for similar talks
in the past. Why the change? Probably because you got a beef with me and
looking for any excuse to come down on me about. You will probably remove me,
but that would be blatant censorship without just cause that I'm sure others
would be interested in knowing about. I'll be curious to see if I'm still
here by tomorrow. If not, it would appear that censorship on the meteorobs
list is alive and well...if I am, it would appear that you have come to your
senses showing a litttle maturity.
George Zay