[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) New Member Peter Stinson & Request for Info...

Hi Peter,

Welcome to the list!

Although not having seen one used, I would think a flare would be a local
phenomenon, witnessed in a small area. Even so though, to find out about
possible fireballs, I would recommend posting a note here where a large
majority of fireball reports are posted. In addition, if you send me the
particulars on the sighting, I could email it to our members to see if
anyone else saw it. Of course not all of them live in that area, but it
would be a quick way to get the word out.

Good luck!

Mark Davis, MeteorObs@charlestondot net
Mt. Pleasant, South Carolina, USA
Visual Program Coordinator
North American Meteor Network & American Meteor Society