[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Standing Up for Lew, or Welcome Back George.

----- Original Message -----
From: <GeoZay@aol.com>
To: <meteorobs@jovian.com>
Sent: Friday, June 18, 1999 1:13 AM
Subject: (meteorobs) test
>I haven't seen any new meteorobs posts this evening....just testing to see
>if I'm still on.
>GeoZay

Hi George........how you doing? Man, you must walk slow....I thought you
said you were just passing through?

In the past, you wrote:

"When the baloney detector goes off, I complain. As you should also if you
were being responsible."

Okay, trying to be responsible, the "baloney detector" just went off. So my
complaint about your following comment is here:

>Probably because you got a beef with me and looking for any excuse to come
>down on me about. You will probably remove me, but that would be blatant
>censorship without just cause that I'm sure others would be interested in
>knowing about. I'll be curious to see if I'm still here by tomorrow. If
>not, it would appear that censorship on the meteorobs list is alive and
>well...if I am, it would appear that you have come to your senses showing
>a litttle maturity.

This is a good one George! He wouldn't have to look very far! Allowing your
attack and accusations against him is evidence of his maturity, and the lack
of your own.

Lew has always fairly operated this list. As an unmoderated list,
there have been many instances where posts have been off-topic, many coming
from you. There have been many cases where flame wars were developing, all
originating from the email address geozay@aol.com. Usually, he has allowed
them to play out, or if they continued too much beyond a reasonable amount
of time, he has always politely asked that the thread be taken off the list,
or the flaming cease. As far as I can remember, there have been no
complaints about Lew's handling of the list until now.

Why didn't you raise your voice of concern over the removal of Mr. Wojack?
Wasn't it you who attacked him again and again and again for discussing
subjects you deemed inappropriate for this very list? But not to worry, the
fact that he was only 14 years old should not make your victory taste any
less sweet.

Who was it that attacked Mr. Pasterick for posting his "poetic flavored"
meteor narrative instead of what you deem to be the "official" approved
meteor observation. Why did you do that when others on this list were
interested in reading that style of report, just as you claim others are
interested in your UFO thread?

If a person has a history of posting unrelated topics, or a history of
attacking other members or inciting flame wars, should he or she not be
removed?

Don't worry though George --- I do not favor removing you. Just banning
you in the sense that each of your posts has to be reviewed by an adult
before sending them to the list. Then, once you reached sufficient maturity
to be released out into the general population, we could give you another
chance.

Better go, the spanish mackerel are biting, and the little green men are
coming. Pass back through real soon.

-mark

Follow-Ups: References: