[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) Meteors vs. unrelated topics

I do not wish to slight in any way the views of Mr van Putten or other readers
of our list who share a serious interest in meteor observing. So please do not
construe this as a comment of any kind about UFOs or related topics - which are
after all off-topic for this list.

However, I felt the need to note that every single thread on this list which has
so far touched on this off-topic area (generally under the heading "unexplained
sightings" or similar), has either been substantially prolonged - or in fact
INITIATED on the list - by none other than Mr. Zay himself...

So if some of us would like to complain about discussion of UFOs, etc. as off
topic and inappropriate for this list (which we are all free to do, and which I
myself agree with), it seems to make sense to direct these complaints not at the
list admin (myself), nor to the individuals who have responded to these threads
at various times, but directly and vociferously to Mr. Zay himself.

To clarify, George Zay's personal email address is: GeoZay@aol.com

Feel free to complain directly to him regarding the initiation of these off
topic threads. And in the mean time, let's refocus our list on the interest
which we KNOW we ALL share: meteor observing and meteor science...

NOTE: For those who view "unexplained sightings" as being worthy of discussion,
and therefore "on topic" on a meteor list, I heartily encourage you to establish
your own mailing list or Web forum, and notify us of it on 'meteorobs'.

Clear skies!
Lew Gramer <owner-meteorobs@jovian.com>

Follow-Ups: References: