[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

(meteorobs) meteoroids striking the Moon

Hi -- Sometime in the last two weeks there was a posting to this list about
how amateurs might be able to observe meteoroids striking darkened areas on
the Moon during intense showers like the 1999 Leonids.  I'm afraid I've
lost the email.  Can anyone send me a copy?

Also, any other information about viewing meteoroids as they hit the lunar
surface would be most welcome.  I'm considering writing a story about this
for our NASA Science News web site.

Thanks!  Tony