[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: (meteorobs) June Bootids 1999

I had hoped to start a dynamical analysis of this a couple of months back,
but the Leonids have continued to take up my spare time.  Note that there
were still plenty of bright meteors in the outburst last year and at least
two were recorded by fireball networks.  I suspect the long duration of
the shower is related to the shallow intersection of the stream with the
Earth's orbit, giving most longitudes a shot at increased rates.  Being
out there looking is the only sure way not to miss anything!
Cheers, Rob

Robert H. McNaught
rmn@aaocbn.aaodot gov.au